Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Gabby"

Today a group of us from VFOR decided to assist the Sarum Family in several of local problems. Together with my friends Mechbard and Amroh Bhank, I set off to right several wrongs.

While on one particular mission, I noticed that my friend Mechbard started calling me, "Gabby". Now, I am used to be calling Gabe or Gabriel, but this new nickname took me back a little. No one had ever called me "Gabby" before!

Where I come from "Gabby" was a nickname for someone who like to gab or talk all the time. I thought to myself, "Gabe ole boy, do you talk too much?"

I didn't think so. Hmmmm....

Anyways, after a couple of days dwelling on it, I have come to the conclusion that this new nickname is all right by me. It comes across in a comfortable friendly manner, and if my friends start referring to me as "Gabby" that is fine by me!

No comments: